PowerPoint Tip: Resize Images with SmartArt
Images in a PowerPoint presentation need to be cropped and customized. Most users do this manually, but did you know PowerPoint has an integrated tool that can help you? Read on to learn how it works.
You probably know this situation well; you’re editing a slide and have inserted several images, which now need to be individually adjusted to a uniform size. This process can drag on. Using SmartArt tools in PowerPoint allows you to crop and edit all your images in a single step. Here’s how to do it.
- Select all images you want to customize. You can do this either by dragging a selection box over the images, or with CTRL + left-click.
- Under Picture Tools, go to Format > Picture Layout and select your desired layout option. Bending Picture Caption is a good choice for creating equal-sized rectangles.
- Drag the corners to adjust the size and move it to the desired location on the slide.
- Under Format, go to Group and select Ungroup. Repeat this step one more time. Each image and text box can now be individually selected and moved.
- Click the text boxes you don’t want and delete them.
- Your images are now of the same size and shape.
This function is part of Microsoft Office’s SmartArt tools, which can be used for many common image processing tasks in PowerPoint. This tip alone can save you a lot of editing time when creating presentations. But if time is at a premium, stop by our shop. Our templates are a great option for creating professionally designed presentations quickly and easily.