Create a Self-Running Presentation
A self-running presentation is a convenient and effective solution for trade shows, conferences, and other events. PowerPoint makes creating such a presentation easy. Read on to find out how.
Self-running presentations are a great way to introduce your product or company at a trade show booth, or to present “hands free” during a conference. You can also turn your presentation into a video with an added soundtrack. The following instructions show the steps for PowerPoint 2010 and newer versions.
PowerPoint 2010 and Newer Versions (from Office 2010)
Set up a self-running presentation:
- On the Slide Show tab, click Set Up Slide Show
- Under Show Type, select Browsed at a kiosk (full screen)
- In the window, you can also specify the monitor and how long the individual slides should be displayed.
Rehearse and configure slide show timings:
- On the Slide Show tab, click Rehearse Timings
- Practice your presentation. The time you spend on each slide will be recorded.
- The Recording toolbar will appear in the top-left corner of the screen. Here you can jump to the next slide, pause, repeat the current slide, and see the total duration of your presentation.
- When you reach the end of your presentation, a dialog box with the total time will appear. Click Yes to save the slide timings, or No to try again.