Visually Enhance Your Slides with Transparent Collages
Using pictures, and in particular photos, in presentations is a great way of attracting your audience’s attention. Overlapping photos to create collages is a unique and attractive way to make use of these images. It’s a really versatile technique that can be applied to various media.
An image collage can be created using transparency effects, combining multiple images or motifs. Images are first made transparent and overlapped with other images. Text or other information can then be added to the collage. This technique creates collages that are visually unobtrusive and elegant, allowing content to be highlighted more effectively than with conventional background images.
Instructions: How to Create Transparent Images
PowerPoint doesn’t have a tool to make images transparent, but there is a very easy trick. It even works regardless of the image’s file format. This is how to do it:
- Insert your image.
- Draw a rectangle the same size as your image.
- Select your image and cut it using the Ctrl + X
- Right-click the rectangle and select Format Shape from the drop-down menu.
- Click Fill and select Picture or texture fill
- Click on Clipboard.
- Go to Transparency and move the slider to adjust the desired degree of transparency for your image.
Follow the exact same steps with other images of your choice. Combine and overlap them to create your own transparent collage.